Who can register a .au domain?
Australia's .au domain name space has relatively strict policies, by world standards. The policies are managed by auDA and outside our direct control, although we are very familiar with them and happy to assist with any queries you may have regarding domain name eligibility.
While the rules vary for some of the .au second level domains, for the most popular .com.au domain space, the rules are as follows.
Who is eligible for com.au domains
A registrant is eligible for .au if they are one (or more) of the following:
- an Australian registered company; or
- trading under a registered business name in any Australian State or Territory; or
- an Australian partnership or sole trader; or
- a foreign company licensed to trade in Australia; or
- an owner of an Australian Registered Trade Mark; or
- an applicant for an Australian Registered Trade Mark; or
- an association incorporated in any Australian State or Territory; or
- an Australian commercial statutory body
Not the answer you're looking for?
Ask a question
Last updated on 1 June 2010